Dead live rock ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MountainHigh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
might be far off from asking this question, but ive been slow to keep up with my salt tank, and was wondering is it possible if my live rock died ? They have been in saltwater the whole time with a filter and heater, is it possible for it to die ?

i think it's pretty hard to kill LR. as long as you have half way decent water quality, lighting, 80 degrees, a consistent ph, good water flow, and a frequent feeding cycle it should be good to go.

IF there was some maybe minor die off, do you think adding calcium to my water again would help this problem out ?

calcium will help only if you need it. You don't want to be dosing unless you're also testing. Make sure your not putting too much calcium into the system.

if you're LR isn't completely cured, you should cure it first. Die off usually appears white. It's common to have some dieoff after recieving LR but again, if it was cured to start with, you shouldn't have to worry about it dying off any more really.

Back
Top Bottom