DEAD ROCK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NEWTOSALT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have never done a saltwater tank before and i want to do a fish only, i bought some decorative rock like geodes and what appear to mimmick coral the LFS said all will be safe in salt water, i plan on filing down the rock and then using silicone to attatch them together all will be done after i rinse them as per the LFS advice on rinsing, is this a viable method for acheiving a rock wall effect? I GREATLY APPRECIATE THE INPUT and i will have many more questions THANK YOU

You might find it harder to clean the algae off if they are all attached together. Welcome to AA! You will love this hobby!

Agree with above. It will be an algae factory and will need frequent cleaning. They are big bucks and there are better alternatives that would benefit your system.
I would spend the money on some quality live rock such as this.
http://www.liverocks.com

Have the Gulf Rocks in LR.com or dry base rocks at Hirocks.com prices changed at all lately? Any chance they will? I'm getting VERY INCREDIBLY anxious to start up my tank, but will have to wait until April 1st (need to move into a new appartment, and want to wait to set tank up).

Back
Top Bottom