Decision help needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a 12 gallon tank that I was going to use for a dwarf gourami and some galaxy rasboras but I've been looking around on here at some saltwater stuff... I know that saltwater aquariums are hard to take care of and cost a lot but it would be a while before I got this tank running for a freshwater aquarium and probably could get enough money. Please give me your opinion on whether or not I should stay safe with freshwater aquariums or try something new with a saltwater aquarium...:thanks: thanks a lot guys:D

Just an added thought if I did saltwater it would be clownfish:)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are tons of options both ways. It comes down to what you want to do. Most people start out with a FW tank, but certainly it can be done as easily starting with a SW tank. There are just a few more parameters you would have to watch.

That tank is probably a bit small though for clown fish. The salty experts can chime in on that if I am wrong.

In freshwater you can have more fish usually then saltwater but I find saltwater more intriguing bc it's like the ocean in your bedroom

That tank is probably a bit small though for clown fish. The salty experts can chime in on that if I am wrong.
Yeah I've heard that but I've also heard other wise as well... I may just doa goby or some other fish... which is why I need some input...:confused:
In freshwater you can have more fish usually then saltwater but I find saltwater more intriguing bc it's like the ocean in your bedroom
That's exactly why I wanted a salt water tank:D:fish1:
Also should I post in the saltwater section to get some input from them?

Back
Top Bottom