decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon m

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gal tank with 1 black molly, 1 swordtail, and 2 danios. I had more but the white mollies got ich and so we lost 10 fish. We have went for about 2 weeks without loosing anymore. There are about 12 decors should i get more?

2 large sized fake plants that kinda move a bit from the water flow in tank, 1 medium fake , 1 large drift wood that stands up with holes to swim through, a little blue shark that sits in front of wood, a no fishing sign, and6 small fake plants.

I also have 5 bio balls from pet land, but they stay where the water flow is from the filter. And I have alot of algae do you think it might be from the balls?

I think you should go with what you feel looks best. You can always add more fake plants . Where is the algae growing? Is it a lot of algae, or just a little on the glass or something

its bad the plants are covered and the glass is just starting. I have taken the plants out several times and ran warm water on them and wiped them with my hands, but a few days laters its back .

You can clean your plastic plants with 1 part bleach to 20 parts water. Soak and brush. Rinse, rinse, rinse. I like to leave the decos out in the sun for a couple of days before returning to the tank. An old credit card works well for taking algae off of the glass. You could try one of the available algae killers. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom