delima on chosing tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not on your list but why not cultivated long finned skirted tetras. No one likes these beautiful fish<3

When I get my breeding tanks set up so there aren't any fry, I'll be adding Emperors to the dwarf cichlid tank that has Rams in it. They should be ok. My Rams are very boisterous and I am worrying about adding tetras LOL.

mattrox i have been read up on rams and in some books it says they shouldn't have boisterous companion. LOL

zilla870 said:
what kind of tetras do you recomend between rummy nose, blood fin, lemon, or painted tetras?
Lemon tetras are pretty cool. Never get painted tetras, they are injected with dye.

They pick on each other all the time. I think too many males in the tank. I recently got a smaller one (female I hope) and she is picking on all the other fish LOL. I'll get some Keyholes in there and some tetras soon so the aggression is diluted to other fish.

rok, i know painted are injected but my wife likes them

mattrox, tell me how the keyholes act when u get them

zilla870 said:
rok, i know painted are injected but my wife likes them

mattrox, tell me how the keyholes act when u get them
Huh? I don't understand....

I was typing that Keyholes, being a larger (but peaceful) fish will mean that the Rams won't be at the top of the pecking order.....

BTW on Rams.. have you read this article?
http://hjem.get2net.dk/Best_of_the_Web/blue rams.html

My favorite are Pristella Tetras, especially in groups of 6 or more. They school together really well and look really cool. Neons, even though they are really common, are really cool too.

Back
Top Bottom