Desperate newbee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
0 nitrates are very desireable if you don't have live plants in your tank. If you are using the test correctly, keep up the good maintanence and enjoy the fish.

Blood woms / brine ship

:confused:
I feeding my fish with tetra flakes. They all are eating good and happy. But I read that is good to give them a variety on their diet.
Blood worms or shrimp is suggested.

Can somebody recomend me a good brand of these products? I just went to my LFS and saw brands but all in chinesse, so I did not know which one to buy.

Also how do you feed them, these products look like frozen cubes?
just as an extra info I have: Angel fish, golden clouds, rummynose tetras, SAE and Julii Corys in my tank

:confused:

I've used San Francisco brand frozen bloodworms in my tanks before. I think I got them at Petsmart when I had a gift card. I usually thaw mine in a cup of tank water and then use a plastic fork to scoop them out. I know some people who will just drop them in but too much gets wasted IMO. Freeze dried can be a good choice too.

I am not a fan of the SF Bay brand, since it freezerburns too easily for me, I like Hikari brand, (I only like the sheets of bw's, since the cubes are too much for my fish and they go to waste). :) I use a cat/dog medicine doser (looks like a big syringe without the needle), and put a piece of bloodworm in it, then suck up some tank water, shake until it melts. That way I can control how much food I put in there.

I am not a fan of the SF Bay brand, since it freezerburns too easily for me,

I store all my frozen foods in ziplock freezer bags. I haven't noticed any freezer burn with mine.

Mine is also in a zip lock bag, since the whole packaging got destroyed when I opened it the second time. Hikari bags are MUCH nicer.

Bloodworms

I will put mine in the ziplock bag, thanks good tip, I got one from each brand, I really liked the Hikari brand, but I storage in the freezer without the zip bag.

The fish love the worms and the shrimp, and I feed them with the spoon, thanks again.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom