devils hand help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sompa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a devils hand that has been acting happy. He polyps up during light cycle and stretches out nicely.
Recently I have been finding areas that look like he has been being picked at or just rotting away in that small area. I have not seen any of my fish or crabs on him or picking at him. I added some green green zoas but they are not touching him or all that close to him. I have a per clown,3 green/blue chromis and blue leg crabs.

It might be deciding to drop little devils hand babies all over the place. Mine does this quite often. I heard that corals will "self frag" when they are stressed as a means of survival, but, mine are getting bigger by the day and also look very happy. I put it down to it just being prolific ;)

I would check after lights out to see if anything is roaming around on your coral. That mark in the photo does look like somethings munching at the coral. Might be what Hara has suggested but best to rule out the possibilities. If a parasitic nudibranc or the like, they will shy away from daytime activities.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom