Diary of the 29G planted tank... New pics 4/28/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lonewolfblue said:
How far would you be willing to travel? lol.

well if I had to pick a place completely and randomly out of the air.....Wenatchee :wink:

Seriously though, I'll probably see if I can't find one locally first. However, if I can't find one.... :)

I have some pics and questions. Things are starting to look good, I just might have a nutrient deficiency, but unsure what it is. Will show you with the pics....

Dosing schedule...
Macros and micros on alternate days...
CSM+B with extra iron and magnesium - 1/16 tsp 3x weekly
(Not purchased as CSM+B with extra iron, I add a little extra iron to .25ppm iron as well as Magnesium)
Nitrate - 3/8 tsp 3x weekly
Phosphate - 1/8 tsp 3x weekly
Potassium - 5/8 tsp 3x weekly

Hope these plants recoup after the algae disaster.
29g151.jpg

Pearling...
29g152.jpg

Java fern is actually green, not yellow, and doing great, sending out new plantlets. It's also pearling.
29g153.jpg

Pearling and hopefully recouping.
29g154.jpg

Only think showing deficiency is the large leaf plant, the round sword leaf, and the anacharis. Anacharis stem is turning yellow, leaves are green. Broad-leaf plant is getting thinner, and starting to turn a little yellow. Sword has yellow area, with some browning going on. Also, Beckettii showing a little yellowing as well at the leaf tips... What could cause these?
29g155.jpg

Got 2 new pics to show you how things are going....

Edit:
More than 2 pics, lol.
Well, since I've been taking too many pics of my GBR's, it's time to let some of the baby Bolivians in on the picture taking. Here's more pics....

29g156.jpg

29g157.jpg

29g158.jpg

29g159.jpg

29g160.jpg

29g161.jpg

29g162.jpg

29g163.jpg

29g164.jpg

29g165.jpg

29g166.jpg

29g167.jpg

29g168.jpg

29g169.jpg

29g170.jpg

29g171.jpg

29g172.jpg

Very cool, your tank is looking good, your getting enough plant mass to hopefully keep that algea in check. I admire your perserverance. 8) Great pics as well. :)

I like the snail shots. Not many people bother to study thier cleanup crew. I don't do much testing on my 2.5 gallon, but I watch my nematode population...

Well, my babies have grown up. The GBR pair has finally spawned for their first time. And they are keeping the bolivians away, lol. Here's a couple pics....

29g178.jpg

29g179.jpg

Man, I am jealous! You have that GBR spawning thing down to a science. I'm pretty sure you are the only person I know who has been able to raise GBR fry successfully. I'm even tempted to give it another try myself, thanks to you...

As always very cool to hear of the succesful new spawn especially knowing the original are now grandparents in a way. About how long do we have to wait for the pictures of the grandkids. :)

Well, if the parents don't eat them, 3-4 days for wigglers, and another 6-8 days after that for free-swimming.

Well, the parents have now extended the no fly zone from 6 inches to 1/3 of the tank, lol.

Back
Top Bottom