differences between salt and fresh.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molliwopp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im thinking about keeping a saltwater aquarium. Im educated in fresh water fish keeping.
What differences are there between the two? And what other equipment do i need?

I don't know a whole lot about fresh water, but my understanding is they are a completely different science and require completely different equipment. For instance, I was bought a 55g set up for freshwater for my birthday - I went to the LFS and fell in love with the saltwater fish! I asked the guy can it be done? Of course it can. The only piece of equipment I could use was the heater. Everything else went on eBay :) best advise I can give is do plenty of research ask questions here. You will find there are no hard and fast answers because there are no rules as such. Everyone has different set ups depending on what they are keeping. Do you know what you would like? Fish only? Full reef? These can be completely different set ups. Do you have the tank?
Decide what you would like to keep first. Take it slow, be prepared to be patient and to spend a bit o cash :) welcome!

Start your research here Articles Lot of great info. And like Bectan said decide what you would like to keep 1st it will save you a lot of headaches later, not to mention money

Back
Top Bottom