Dirty Sand Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, once a week is a great place to be at for water changes. if you have to do an extra one week here or there that's fine too. Anything to export those excess nutrients out. :)

How much would all of you recommend changing each week though?

I don't have a set schedule. Maybe every other day or every few days just a little pinch..

I so three gallons every week. Works for me and I've done it since the beginning so not haveing problems so far.

I was out of town for a few days but it looked pretty good today. Still not 100% but it's much better than what it was. I plan on changing out 10 more gallons in the next few days.

I will today, I'm about to change 10 gallons. Is there a proper way to clean the power head? Mine looks pretty dirty.

I soak my powerheads every few months in a vinegar and water solution. It gets all the coralline off and they look brand new after wards. :)

here is what it looks like right when the light comes on. I just did a PWC too.

Attachments

• image-2653329057.jpg
    image-2653329057.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 125
Wow ten thousand times better!! Awsome keep up the water changes and I no time you will be able to add some more corals. :)

I've been lucky & not had them issues in my nano, but the info on here was brilliant for future reference!! Good look with it though it looks good.

Attachments

• image-4193412520.jpg
    image-4193412520.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 141
Well my tank is doing great now. Everything is testing out perfect and the sand is looking great. I am keeping up with my water changes so this hopefully never comes back.

Also, today I added a Small Half-Black Angelfish. When I get a good picture, I'll post it! So far it's doing great.

Thanks! Here is a picture of my new Angelfish. A little blurry because he never stops moving. I love this guy!

Attachments

• image-2621769841.jpg
    image-2621769841.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 109
Tank is doing much better now. I am doing many more water changes and keeping up with the filter. I can't seem to keep turbo snails alive though.. Not sure what to do.

That is actually a Half Black Angel? I guess they are called.. Love the guy and he has some great colors. Nips at the coral a little bit but not a huge problem.

Back
Top Bottom