Discus fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vakvn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

We can discuss about discus fish in this topic. :D

Keeping Discus Fish.
Water Parameters:
PH=6.5 (Using Phosphoric axit(H3P04) for decreasing PH)
Temp=28 degree
A little salt for decreasing stress for discus fish

Now, begin to keep discus fish in your tank :D

Some my babies
img_913035_0_c50e2e43fa15dbe54c72bcde81022db0.jpg

Thanks a lot, now I miss my discus...I had to get rid of them when I moved :( I'm just joking around, those are very beautiful fish.

THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL FISH!! my wife was considering getting them but we were afraid our tiger barbs might nip at them too much.

and yeah....whats up with the super blue water? very nice

It's definitely the lighting. He probably used blue film or something to produce that effect. IMO it's terrible for showing off colors of discus.

I'd love to have some discus, but they are just so darn expensive. Beautiful fish though

Not too expensive. I can sale fish for forum members with a competitive price. Don't worry :D

Yeah but how long would it take to get here from Vietnam?

You could do it overnight but the cost would make it very non-economical for the amount one would purchase.

For anyone seriously considering purchasing discus just shoot me a PM and I'll set you up with the contact info of 2-3 separate guys that are highly regarded in the discus community for having excellent stock at reasonable prices. They each have lots of feedback and are extremely nice people and would be willing to work with you and find you exactly what you are looking for.

I'd really be wary of the OP. He posted an ad in the classifieds several days ago for "free discus" and all you have to do is "pay shipping". The fish that he posted pictures of in this thread are worth at least $50 each, some of them much more, so you have to ask yourself why somoene would be giving away hundreds/thousands of dollars of fish for the cost of shipping. Granted, I could see if it was to his friends, but he just joined the forum so why the kind act to someone he doesn't know? Maybe because he wants you to "pay for shipping" and have you trust him. See how many fish you actually receive in the mail if you pay him over $100 to ship the fish. Just don't post a thread on here or elsewhere saying that you were scammed because there are many warning signs evident.

You could do it overnight but the cost would make it very non-economical for the amount one would purchase.

For anyone seriously considering purchasing discus just shoot me a PM and I'll set you up with the contact info of 2-3 separate guys that are highly regarded in the discus community for having excellent stock at reasonable prices. They each have lots of feedback and are extremely nice people and would be willing to work with you and find you exactly what you are looking for.

I'd really be wary of the OP. He posted an ad in the classifieds several days ago for "free discus" and all you have to do is "pay shipping". The fish that he posted pictures of in this thread are worth at least $50 each, some of them much more, so you have to ask yourself why somoene would be giving away hundreds/thousands of dollars of fish for the cost of shipping. Granted, I could see if it was to his friends, but he just joined the forum so why the kind act to someone he doesn't know? Maybe because he wants you to "pay for shipping" and have you trust him. See how many fish you actually receive in the mail if you pay him over $100 to ship the fish. Just don't post a thread on here or elsewhere saying that you were scammed because there are many warning signs evident.

I don't have any words to say to you. :new-alien:

OK. if you said that things. I want to ask you : If I order your fish then you won't charge the shipment fee ??????????????????

All I am saying is that it seems extremely suspicious when someone comes onto a forum and thier very first post is one in which the poster is giving away expensive fish and "you only have to pay shipping". Do you not think this is incredibly strange? Would YOU trust somone whose first post is to sell something? Seems like a scam to me and I think that others should notice this as well so they don't get scammed. You may be legit but it still seems incredibly shady that you are only charging shipping.

What strains of fish do you have available? What sizes? How old are these fish? How often do you do water changes? What do you feed them and how often? Do you have any references that can back you up on what you are trying to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom