Discus ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydooms

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to this discus breeder and pick out the ones that I'm buying. What I did was just pick the ones that I think looks cool and forgot to ask the which strain. I'm picking them up next week. I just want to know the strains in-case somebody ask. Thanks.

the reddish one looks like a pigeon blood, the solid blue might be a blue diamond, and the others might be blue turquoise or green discus.

herp_mommy said:
the reddish one looks like a pigeon blood, the solid blue might be a blue diamond, and the others might be blue turquoise or green discus.

Thank you. I remember the guy told me the one in the middle is a "Turk". So, I searched for Turk discus and it looks different. I guess what he meant was "turq"uoise. Or is there a Turk discus? Or are they the same?

Can you check as well if my fishes are compatible.? Thanks.

This is what I have...

25-cardinal tetras
10-rummynose tetras
1-dwarf gourami
1-albino bristlenose pleco
7-sterbai cories
3-mystery snails
And the 8-discus that I'm getting next week. I have a planted(32 plants) 125g

Thank you. I remember the guy told me the one in the middle is a "Turk". So, I searched for Turk discus and it looks different. I guess what he meant was "turq"uoise. Or is there a Turk discus? Or are they the same?

Can you check as well if my fishes are compatible.? Thanks.

This is what I have...

25-cardinal tetras
10-rummynose tetras
1-dwarf gourami
1-albino bristlenose pleco
7-sterbai cories
3-mystery snails
And the 8-discus that I'm getting next week. I have a planted(32 plants) 125g

yes, he means turquoise. And I don't know about the gourami, but everything else is compatible.

herp_mommy said:
yes, he means turquoise. And I don't know about the gourami, but everything else is compatible.

Ok. I'll research the gourami and discus compatibility. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom