Distressed Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay here are parameters in the discus tank.
Nitrite-.05
Nitrate-10
Ammonia-.3
Ph-7.6
Temp-86

The Nitrate and ammonia are a little high since I missed a water change yesterday due to a crap load of schoolwork.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dude with any fish there should be no ammonia or nitrite,

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What tankmates?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

6 otos, a twig cat, a whiptail cat, one other discus, and a betta (shown no aggression). I'm guessing ph

No.... Hmmmm..... What were the symptoms? Diet? Temp? Tank is a 55, right?

Did a little research and I guess I just read it wrong and saw they liked a ph of 7.5 before I got them and just now I did more research and they liked a ph around 6.5

No.... Hmmmm..... What were the symptoms? Diet? Temp? Tank is a 55, right?

I've seen nothing wrong with him/her. I feed a bloodworm cube once a day I will feed twice as soon as I get more bloodworms (tomorrow) temp is 86 degrees F and yes the tank is a 55. The discus was about 2.5-3"

Im back to ammo & trutes then... Maybe weak stock. That alone is why good discus cost more.

Im back to ammo & trutes then... Maybe weak stock. That alone is why good discus cost more.

He's been fine for over a month and than was gone, showing no symptoms or anything. My othe r discus however is almost always stressed and super dark and he's a blue turquoise

those readings shouldnt happen in a discus tank. Hmmmm... Was it reading this way before adding the discus?

I have limited discus experience but did you treat them for internal parasites?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

those readings shouldnt happen in a discus tank. Hmmmm... Was it reading this way before adding the discus?

I added these discus over 4 weeks ago so I can't remember the readings (shipment will be here in two days, I should've clarified that)

Parasite or not though... This tank needs to be uber stable for discus. So these parameters still concern me.

Parasite or not though... This tank needs to be uber stable for discus. So these parameters still concern me.

I'm doing a water change now and we are getting a something to help lower the ph

Back
Top Bottom