diy co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to remember. You did say that you were getting bubbles through your separator right? If so at what rate? Bubbles per sec that is

From that we can conclude that the recipe is working and there's no leaks from the generators to the separator. That leaves from the separator to the tank. A thought perhaps to remove the diffuser and see if you at least get bubbles into the tank. I've heard in some instances the DIY method doesn't provide enough pressure to go through the diffuser.

i will check the airline from my separator and diffuser and check the check valve. question though...i was reading on another forum about water pressure the deeper the diffuser is, i have my airline almost to the bottom of the tank...do you think the water pressure might be causing a blockage? just a thought.

A DIY co2 setup without leaks should be able to overcome that amount of pressure without much problem.

i will check the airline from my separator and diffuser and check the check valve. question though...i was reading on another forum about water pressure the deeper the diffuser is, i have my airline almost to the bottom of the tank...do you think the water pressure might be causing a blockage? just a thought.

Interesting thread. I am currently having the same issue with my diy co2. Its been 24hours for me and I am just as you are (bubbles in separator but not in the tank).....Following thread....

This is from my experience. Take from it what you will. I also was having this problem and my set up is the same with the exception of a glass/ceramic diffuser. I ended up removing the check valve between the tank and the separator and voila in the morning I had bubbles entering the tank. There just wasn't enough pressure to push through the check valve. I've read other forums stating not enough pressure to push through the diffuser as well. Even messing around with it in the morning water filled the tubing up to the top of the tank and it took three hours for the CO2 to push the water out.

I guess my point is that DIY CO2 seams be be a very low pressure. Even to try to verify would be something. You would need to be present to check. Oh one other thing that we came across. My wife bakes her own bread and we were having difficulty trying to get it to rise. After some research I discovered that water temp is very important. It should be at 104 degrees. Any hotter will kill the yeast

I guess my point is that DIY CO2 seams be be a very low pressure. Even to try to verify would be something. You would need to be present to check. Oh one other thing that we came across. My wife bakes her own bread and we were having difficulty trying to get it to rise. After some research I discovered that water temp is very important. It should be at 104 degrees. Any hotter will kill the yeast

I've been using warm water..so i know the yeast is fine.

I've been using warm water..so i know the yeast is fine.

Same here...In the generator I can visually see it bubbling so I know its active I'm just not getting the pressure to push through my fluval diffuser...I know it can be done with diy because BrianNano has the exact one and he showed me the video of his in action...so IDK

took off the check valve between the separator and diffuser nothing changed after waiting awhile.
When I press on the reactor bubbles come to the diffuser.
Also should my co2 mixture be frothy after 3 days fermenting?

Back
Top Bottom