DIY CO2 reactor question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tazcrash69

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK, I know this subject has been pretty much exhausted at this point, but I'm about to make one, and have a question that I know someone has had some experience with.

I have left over 2” PVC from a home project that I would use. I know I want it on the output of my filter, and that the best way is to have the water flow down into it, and leave through the bottom, while the co2 comes in about 1/3 to ½ way up from the bottom.

Now, I’ve already cut my filter hoses, and if I can avoid spending more money than I have to that is a good thing. I also don’t want to impede the flow out of my pump. So I was wondering if I mounted it more horizontally instead of vertically, at say a 30 degree angle from true horizontal. Has anyone done this? Are they content with it?
I was planning on using about 20” length plus the adapters. Will this give the Co2 enough time to dissolve?

TIA

I am using a return pipe that is vertical, approx 3ft of pipe from the injection point, and it works great. I think you will be surprised at how good diffusion will be with vertical return in your setup. I have no first hand experience with a somewhat horizontal pipe but have not felt need to try it. hth

Back
Top Bottom