Do corals normally close up at night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datreeferman

Aquarium Advice Activist
All 6 of my corals close up/shrivel/shrink at night time. Is this normal? As soon as I wake up they're all open again. I have a torch coral, Kenya tree,mushroom,Xenia,zoas,and a candy cane coral. I have no lights on at night and all my params are good. My torch will sometimes open at night.

All 6 of my corals close up/shrivel/shrink at night time. Is this normal? As soon as I wake up they're all open again. I have a torch coral, Kenya tree,mushroom,Xenia,zoas,and a candy cane coral. I have no lights on at night and all my params are good. My torch will sometimes open at night.

Perfectly normal! I have a torch, a bunch of zoas, and used to have a kenya tree aswell and they all do that except for the kenya tree, it didnt.

Pfewww! Thx for reassuring me, I thought that there was crazy fluctuations at night or somthin:lol: ya I just checked my Kenya tree. It doesn't close up. I just looked at my other corals and assumed that the Kenya did too:oops:.:thanks: for the help.:D

Pfewww! Thx for reassuring me, I thought that there was crazy fluctuations at night or somthin:lol: ya I just checked my Kenya tree. It doesn't close up. I just looked at my other corals and assumed that the Kenya did too:oops:.:thanks: for the help.:D

No problem! Always glad to help out :)

Back
Top Bottom