Do I clean my aquarium to much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

munoza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I clean my tank at least once a week, sometime twice a week. It's a 5.5 gallon tank. When I do gravel cleaning I try to clean it all but, the water drains so quickly since its such a small tank; so then I add more water; and then I clean the grave again; untill I have to add more water; then clean the gravel again. Untill I fill it up one final time, then I put my chemical solutions in, such as stress coat, ammonia block, beifitial bacteria,aquaclear. Am I doing this right?

I clean my tank at least once a week, sometime twice a week. It's a 5.5 gallon tank. When I do gravel cleaning I try to clean it all but, the water drains so quickly since its such a small tank; so then I add more water; and then I clean the grave again; untill I have to add more water; then clean the gravel again. Untill I fill it up one final time, then I put my chemical solutions in, such as stress coat, ammonia block, beifitial bacteria,aquaclear. Am I doing this right?

Sounds like you're doing 100% water changes when you add up all the water you're changing. That's not good. Vaccuum as much as you can while doing a 40% water change. Whatever you miss, you miss. Don't change more water than that.

Back
Top Bottom