Do I dare... get a dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was at PetSmart over lunch getting some bloodworms for my peacock gudgeons and I saw many gouramis - flame, blue, dwarf, kissing, honey... I about died. :blink: My LFS doesn't really carry them because he says they are prone to so many problems.

I finally got to see the dwarfs up-close and personal. They are marked insanely cheap - like $2 or so.

I want one so bad. Am I just setting myself up for heartache? Are they on sale because of the poor quality?

I just bought three honey and four dwarf Gouramis today at petsmart. I added them to a ten gallon tank with 6 1 inch giant Danios'. They are having a great sale on them this weekend, so I couldn't pass them up. Nice non aggressive fish as well. I have read somewhere that the two are not compatible as they may fight, but everywhere else I read says they are ok together. The honey's have beautiful red eyes too. I have four Three spot Gouramis in my 55, and have never had a problem with them getting any diseases,but they can be aggressive to other Gouramis.

I'm with Callisto, that sounds a tad overloaded, not to mention not enough space for everyone to swim around happily and have their own space.

I have recently gotten gouramis for my tank. I have flame, neon blue, gold and opaline. I hope they will last. They do make a beautiful tank.

its only temp til i get the danio fry out of the 25 gallon then they go into that, not over stocked either the danio fry are about 3/4 inch so the size of tank is okay.

callisto9 said:
Canon Rebel T3i and iPhone 5. Those last pics were with my Canon.

I have a Canon 20D that's in the shop and only have my iPhone. I can never get a good pic with the iPhone.

4S and, yes, but my guppies never sit still. I swear they have ADHD. The camera is horrible with action shots.

Coco1019 said:
4S and, yes, but my guppies never sit still. I swear they have ADHD. The camera is horrible with action shots.

Someone posted the other day about how to get good pics with iPhones, do a video then as you watch it back you can freeze on frames and save as pics, hope that helps you out :)

I've decided to name the gourami Juicy Fruit. He's doing well. I know I should QT for at least two weeks, but how much more than that? I can't wait to move him over to the 20G.

I have three dgs in a 20 long and they bred within a week of putting them in their. And the tank had just finished cycling. Now they never stop breeding!

dawrf%2520gourami%2520%25286%2529.JPG

dawrf%2520gourami%2520%25283%2529.JPG

dawrf%2520gourami%2520%25282%2529.JPG

What a gorgeous gourami!! I have the same one, I've had him for over a year with no problems at all, but I do live in the UK. Mine is nowhere near as bright as yours though :(

I just bought a large Golden Gouramis male to go with my three female Golden's. They all seem pretty happy in my 25 gallon tank. I love their red eyes!

Back
Top Bottom