Do I have to go open top with Fluval light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jo060

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just brought home a Fluval Aquasky LED light. I have it set up, but based on how it's constructed it appears as though I have to keep an open top? Am I missing something?
Thank you.

EDIT: This is for a 29G Aqueon tank which came with a solid black top

The Aquasky comes on legs and rests above the lid, as I recall. :confused:

If the top is solid black, then you'll have to go either topless (the tank, not you), or replace it with a clear glass lid.

The Aquasky comes on legs and rests above the lid, as I recall. :confused:

If the top is solid black, then you'll have to go either topless (the tank, not you), or replace it with a clear glass lid.

I checked the box to make sure there wasn't a stand. It looks like it's just the LED case with two adjustable rails on either side that fit it to the tank.

Should there be any worries about not having a top?

Should there be any worries about not having a top?

You'll have more evaporation and there's an increased possibility of fish jumping out.

I like to run tanks without lids, but, to cut down on jumpers, I've also made DIY screentop lids:

Worked out perfectly for my needs: my plants get plenty of light, and there is only a little room for the fish to jump out. (Though one found just that spot, recently... :banghead: )

Back
Top Bottom