Do i need it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eddieftw3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm working with my 8year old son to make his tank clear. I help him clean it he does most of the work I just help with the heavy stuff. But his tank still not clear. It's a 55 gallon HOB filter up to 75gl. I check the wart ph is good ammonia is low. But still has a haze. Was wunddering if a submersible powerhead would help or not worth the money please help me out. Thanks

I have a feeling you may need a 2nd filter or a larger canister filter. The total volume should be turned over 10 times per hour.

How long has the tank been up and running? New tanks tend to have a haze for awhile until biofilm forms and weighs down the stuff in the water column. You can speed this up using Clarify by Seachem but recommend giving it time before resulting is adding chemicals.

Ya ur right the tanks bin running for 3 weeks. I told my son to wait another week or so to add another fish. I was to go with a canister filter but I get different feed back. I mite just do that this weekend. He's going to have to be patent. I'm going to start my own SW tank soon so I have to get his stable first. Any ideas that want brake me for the filter. Thanks.

If you don't already have one get a API freshwater master kit to test and keep an eye on water parameters especially if you are doing a fish in cycle. I would not end up buying anymore fish until your tank is cycled. If you end up buying a canister see if your local fish store would be willing to give/ sell you some established media out of one of their tanks.

Back
Top Bottom