Do these kids make my tank look big?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GoldfishNewbie said:
That is a BEAST! It's so pretty too!! I started off with a 10 gallon, quickly got a 20 and when I heard that was considered small I was like... that's bogus, this is big. . . Then I added a 50g, and was excited about its size for about... well basically until I went on this site... now I want a giant tank :(

I just told a very similar story in another thread, now imm sitting here with my 55g saying "wow lol those kids could have a party in that tank"

Awesome tank tho, I think I'm sticking with a 55 till I move outa apartments and into a home.

Sent from my Droid using Aquarium

That is a BEAST! It's so pretty too!! I started off with a 10 gallon, quickly got a 20 and when I heard that was considered small I was like... that's bogus, this is big. . . Then I added a 50g, and was excited about its size for about... well basically until I went on this site... now I want a giant tank :(
My 2 55g look sooooo tiny. I want a bigger tank too. But where do you put the furniture?

WendiDell said:
My 2 55g look sooooo tiny. I want a bigger tank too. But where do you put the furniture?

All you need is 1 chair to move right infront of the big tank lol, who needs furniture anyway ;)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

Wow.. wattta tank

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

Fish in the 240

Nice! I'm jealous! What all do you have in there?

Lets see:

2 Green Severum
1 Buttikoferi
6 Cobalt blue zebras
2 shovelnose catfish
1 Frontosa (came with the tank)
3 Jack Dempsey
2 Texas Cichlid
3 plecos
2 Bala Sharks
3 Red Zebras
4 OB Zebras

That is what I can remember right now. Dont know about keeping the Frontosa. He is about 4 yrs old and the guy I got the tank from said he has been kept with the other cichlids the whole time. I know the diets are waaaaay different. Fronts are supposed to have much more protein than the cichlids. We'll see how he does.

Do you have mixed cichlids? As in Africans with SA? And if so, I'm assuming you can get away with it cuz ur tank is a monster?

All you need is 1 chair to move right infront of the big tank lol, who needs furniture anyway ;)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium
Unfortunately I do, I've had 5 back surgeries so floor isn't an option. My Grandson lives with me and he would be upset if he had to watch from the floor.
But, for me to have an African Cichlid tank that size, I may give up my custom furniture. It's a tough choice.

I just told a very similar story in another thread, now imm sitting here with my 55g saying "wow lol those kids could have a party in that tank"

Awesome tank tho, I think I'm sticking with a 55 till I move outa apartments and into a home.

I do own the house and will be in it for a long time. I am not looking forward to the day that I will have to move it again.

I do own the house and will be in it for a long time. I am not looking forward to the day that I will have to move it again.

I hadn't even thought about that aspect of having such a large tank. I've lived in the same rental for 7 years, but I may have to move someday. I guess I better stick with my 2 tiny 55g tanks for now.
But until you have to move that monster, I'll still have tank envy :mrgreen:.

I hadn't even thought about that aspect of having such a large tank. I've lived in the same rental for 7 years, but I may have to move someday. I guess I better stick with my 2 tiny 55g tanks for now.
But until you have to move that monster, I'll still have tank envy :mrgreen:.

55G is not that tiny. Gives a good amount of room for decor and experimenting with types of fish....Enjoy them!

55G is not that tiny. Gives a good amount of room for decor and experimenting with types of fish....Enjoy them!

Oh, I do in so many ways. The fish are a joy just for themselves.
But we bought the first 10g tank for my Grandson after he was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. The Aquarium was suppose to help him be calmer, which it did. But it also helped him sleep better and it cut way back on his nightmares. It worked so well we bought a 55g.
Casey is 10 now and a huge help to me. Now that we have 2 55g and 2 10g tanks the PWC can get painful for me (5 back surgeries) and Casey does a lot of the back and forth and helps with testing the water. It's grown into a great hobby that we share.
We both really love each and every one of our fish. We have Mbunas in the 55g in his bedroom and we are starting an Angel tank in the living room.
We make all the decisions together on what fish to get. So he learns about compatibility and the individual needs of every fish we've ever had or will have. Which helps him to understand the compatibility and needs of people. A big deal for someone with AS.

Ummm....I think anybody would make your tank look big!! You could stick Yao Ming in that thing...it's awesome!

Oh, I do in so many ways. The fish are a joy just for themselves.
But we bought the first 10g tank for my Grandson after he was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. The Aquarium was suppose to help him be calmer, which it did. But it also helped him sleep better and it cut way back on his nightmares. It worked so well we bought a 55g.
Casey is 10 now and a huge help to me. Now that we have 2 55g and 2 10g tanks the PWC can get painful for me (5 back surgeries) and Casey does a lot of the back and forth and helps with testing the water. It's grown into a great hobby that we share.
We both really love each and every one of our fish. We have Mbunas in the 55g in his bedroom and we are starting an Angel tank in the living room.
We make all the decisions together on what fish to get. So he learns about compatibility and the individual needs of every fish we've ever had or will have. Which helps him to understand the compatibility and needs of people. A big deal for someone with AS.

My daughters are 6 and 9 and it has brought us closer together also. We also look through the types of fish we want and see if they are compatible....etc. Even with the additional work of taking care of the tanks, it teaches patience and responsibility. A hobby with many benefits!!

My daughters are 6 and 9 and it has brought us closer together also. We also look through the types of fish we want and see if they are compatible....etc. Even with the additional work of taking care of the tanks, it teaches patience and responsibility. A hobby with many benefits!!

It's not easy to find a hobby that the whole family enjoys. :invasion:

Back
Top Bottom