Do you guys name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so a clownfish, chromis, and goby?
after I typed that I noticed your signature :)

i've named my clown pair ali and ogos:] Why? Well the aragonite sand left alot of dust on the tank glass when i first set up the tank. and in an amateur move, i just tossed in like 3 snails expecting them to clean the tank. turns out i got a snail that loves the rocks, a snail that doesn't do crap haha and the last one was a hard worker, cleaning the dust. He had distinct patterns and well one day i looked into the tank and the snail trail he made had 2 words, "Ali" on the left, and "ogos" on the other side. so i said hey, why not? :]

Oh and i have a goby named jeff hahaha girlfriend's idea

heyz0os said:
i've named my clown pair ali and ogos:] Why? Well the aragonite sand left alot of dust on the tank glass when i first set up the tank. and in an amateur move, i just tossed in like 3 snails expecting them to clean the tank. turns out i got a snail that loves the rocks, a snail that doesn't do crap haha and the last one was a hard worker, cleaning the dust. He had distinct patterns and well one day i looked into the tank and the snail trail he made had 2 words, "Ali" on the left, and "ogos" on the other side. so i said hey, why not? :]

It must have been fate! Lol!

I named my pleco Cammo Man, I have a panda cory that I named dora...ernie the goldfish and betta named Patriot.

Sacha - yellow tang
Bubba - yellow watchman goby
Bonnie & Clyde - B&W occelaris
Dexter & Julius/Julia - semi Picasso
Perseus/Percy - Midas blenny

That is probably the most epic story I think I've ever heard.

Brilliant.

Aha I like how everyone has cute names for their fish...I suppose mine are creative (not the first two though)
Betta named Pug, since his mouth sticks out kinda like a pugs.
Ryukin named Bubba
Oranda named Gwendolyn
Comet named Matilda
Common named Bobbert
And my temporary pleco, Alfonso (I needed an algae eater since the goldies werent working and the pet store didn't have any rubberlip or bristlenose, so once he grows a bit I'll switch them :( )
I had a telescope eyed named Prince Liam II But he died last month :'( I'm wondering, people with community tanks, can you tell your schooling fish apart? or is that just... not possible lol

Male clownfish is Baldwin
My female is unnamed, nothing stuck
Midas blenny is Rango because he changes colors
Blue spotted Toby is Geoff, those who are avid top gear fans will remember the Geoff electric car, nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom