Do you guys name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh! Ya!

It's normal to name our fish and inverts, just like you would name a dog or cat.:mrgreen:

kobrinfamily said:
Yep....The cars movie is big in our house, Have seen it one too many times lol

Yup. I have a three year old nephew who says Lightning McQueen and Mater are his best friends!

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

I've recently renamed our angelfish.

We started out with 2, a black/gold marble named Penn and a gold named Teller. Then we added 2 kois which I didn't name. I was waiting to see what sexes we have and figure out the personalities.

Now Penn is Anubis, Teller is Ra, one koi is Hathor, the other is Bastet. 2 males, 2 females.

Yeah, I love Egyptian mythology.

We also have a 10 inch common pleco named Gonzo and a dragon goby named Ryuu (our other goby, Tatsu, was murdered by our ghost shrimp)

We have 4 synodontis cats, but only 2 have names, Scarface and Fatboy.

DragonFish71 said:
I've recently renamed our angelfish.

We started out with 2, a black/gold marble named Penn and a gold named Teller. Then we added 2 kois which I didn't name. I was waiting to see what sexes we have and figure out the personalities.

Now Penn is Anubis, Teller is Ra, one koi is Hathor, the other is Bastet. 2 males, 2 females.

Yeah, I love Egyptian mythology.

Me too!! Omg, I wish I'd thought of naming mine after egyptian gods and goddesses! Well, maybe my guppy fry :)

i have the most unoriginal names ever
goldie- fantail goldfish
midnight- blackmoor
big red- red betta
blue- blue betta
baby blue- smaller blue betta
i know i dont give it much thought i also have cichlids but they are small and kinda hard to tell apart yet

Well I think my username and avatar should answer that question.

I have all 15 of my fish named, which is getting interesting now that I have learned "Big Girl" is a male bumblebee lol, as I learn their sex the names aren't working.

Most of my fish are named after something that they remind me of, usually by their colors. I'm not sure if AA would appreciate me revealing how I name my fish, but I'm sure some of you can guess by my user id. Can you guess the name of my blue fish?

And My Yellow tale acei is named Kobe lol cuz the colors of the team

Red Zebra - Jack
OB Red Zebra - Kush
Albino Greshakei - White Widow
Electric Blue Hap - ? Guess!
Bumblebee (f) - Buzz
Male Bumblebee(huge) - Big Girl still, need suggestions, lol
Cobalt blue red zebra - Prince
3 Kenyi, Female (violetish blue) Jewel, Yellow male - Sunny, Other male - zippo
Rusty Cichlid - Rusty (lol)
Jacofreibreig(sp?) - Jaco
OB Strawberry Peacock (kinda pinkish) - Rita (from dexter, patterns remind me of blood splatter from the show, hopefully getting another OB peacock to call him dexter, since this fish looked more like a rita)

Sent from my Droid using Aquarium

I name them all...

Convict is Guido (she turned out to be a girl, but she's been very boy-like, so it stays.)
Firemouth is Moby (cuz he/she's a ****)
Jack Dempsey is Fluffy :cool:
Green Severum is Sushi (she got chewed on her first 2 days in the tank)
The Spotted Pictus are all named Steve. (Can't tell them apart)
The Black Skirt Tetras don't have names (except for the tiniest one, who I named "Eight", because I'd count them every morning to make sure none got eaten, and one was always "missing".. Turns out he likes going his OWN way, and doesn't fully appreciate schooling yet, so he goes and bothers the bigger fish.)

i name some of mine, and by some i mean all.
juli cory-zigs,
juli cory-beatrice,
juli cory-spot,
algae eater-perry,
betta-poseidon

Yellow tang-Sunny
Hippo tang-DORRY
Clownfish-NEMO
Clownfish-MARLIN
My kids made me do it lol.

Gold sleeper face goby- SANDY
Scooter blenny-SPEEDY

I'm still working on naming mine. So far, I have a blue crown betta named Fluffy. I also named my scat (semi-aggressive tank) Arnold. Basically, he's determined to destroy and eat every plant in my tank. Sigh. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom