Does a Pink Albino Cory Means It's Sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parl0017

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had 2 albino corys (originally had 7, 5 of which died after the use of API Algae Fix), but I recently added 4 more once my new tank was cycled. I purchased these 4 from a LFS that specializes in fish and reptiles. 2 of the corys I bought look quite pink when next to my other corys, but I was assuming it was just a color variation. However, when I got home today, one of the pink ones was dead. I read tonight that a pink tone means exposure to poor-quality water and I'm wondering if there's any truth behind this? I will say that I tested the water in the bag when the fish came home and was VERY disappointed! The ammonia was 8.0 ppm and nitrite was 5.0 ppm, so I have no doubt they were in poor-quality water :-( Not sure if there's much I can do for the other pink one if this is what caused him to turn pink, but I do weekly water changes, have high quality filters and my readings are 0, 0, and 10. Just want to know if anyone has experience on this subject. I've attached the best picture I could get, he's still very active at this point while the other was not.

How pink?
I don't know much about Cory, but my Albino Cory are slightly Pinkish.
I've actually read if they're pale, like ghostly white, it usually means unhealthy.

I also must say, I have one Cory who swims 24/7, the other other just sits at the bottom moving very little.
He eats though, and seems fine, just is laid back.

Again, this is just my experience. I haven't had mine long either.
Hope your little guys are doing well.

I thought I uploaded an image of it sitting next to a white one, but I can't find the picture. It's like a light salmon color? That's the best I can describe it, but all the other ones are a shiny white and have been since I bought them. They all act very healthy, including the pink one, so I guess I will just monitor and hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom