Does any one know about algae eaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Connorsx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank contains 10 two week old fry but has serous algae, can I put my algae eaters in there or not, they are gold but I don't know if they are Chinese or not. They don't eat the fish food and do not attack any of my other fish, (tetras, guppies, mollies) there is 2 of them....

My tank contains 10 two week old fry but has serous algae, can I put my algae eaters in there or not, they are gold but I don't know if they are Chinese or not. They don't eat the fish food and do not attack any of my other fish, (tetras, guppies, mollies) there is 2 of them....

Not knowing what kind of fry and their size, and not knowing for sure what kind of algae eater you have. Makes answering this question a little difficult.

I have put my BN Pleco in my fry tank a few days at a time to clean up the algae without incident. But my Mbuna fry were a month old and of fairly descent size. My Pleco is an adult and he leaves the larger fry alone. But if he were in with tiny fry he could mistake them as food.
Sorry this doesn't answer your question directly.

Wrong forum. This forum is for community news and announcement. Moved to FW general discussion.

No algae eating fish belongs in a 10g. Its pretty small for even otos, who really need a school.

Never stock fish for ab algae problem. Learn to control the algae rather than passing the responsibility.

And if its 'golden', its probably a CAE. They're pretty universally bad news.

Back
Top Bottom