Does osmacote work for plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't even recognize it. None of my osmocote looked that white. You sure that's from osmocote?

Yes that is definitely it. I think some of the balls have some kind of timed release coating on it that doesn't really dissolve.

This stuff works great. I will never buy expensive plant substrate or root tabs ever again. You can use gel caps and make your own root tabs and if you are lucky enough to know about this before you set up your tank you can sprinkle them all over the bottom of your tank before you add your substrate and boom. A very cheap/effective way to feed your plants at the roots for months at a time.

They must have come up when uprooting plants? Or you need to bury them deeper ;)

Yes the left over resin came out of the substrate when I was moving plants around. It does work excellent for feeding plants on the cheap but I am a little hesitant now because of the tiny beach balls bouncing around in the tank. On the plus side though I guess the cories have something to play with. [emoji38]

Yes the left over resin came out of the substrate when I was moving plants around. It does work excellent for feeding plants on the cheap but I am a little hesitant now because of the tiny beach balls bouncing around in the tank. On the plus side though I guess the cories have something to play with. [emoji38]

:lol: I just pick mine out when they make it to the surface of my sand or I just push them​ back into the sand if a plant is close enough to benefit the plant. Osmacote plus is the single thing that got me hooked on planted tanks. Once I added some DIY root tabs my Hygrophila took off. I noticed a huge difference within a few days.

Back
Top Bottom