Does this stocking list seem right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is for my girlfriends community tank. Its a 29 gallon with a 30x12" footprint and will have a AC70 filter. The amount of fish that got us to around 100% seemed to be a fish per gallon, and i thought the inch per gallon rule was complete crap lol Just wanted to double check since i thought this seemed a little much

Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

• AquStockImage.png
    AquStockImage.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 75
Sounds good to me. You might want to leave out the ADF because it won't survive very long in that tank IMO. They breath air, and in a 29 it would have a really hard time to reach the surface and get air. Also, feeding them is hard. They don't have the best eyesight so many people have to place food directly in front of them with tweezers. It would then face troubles getting food before the fish get to it. Other than that you should be good to go!

Yeah we were planning to drop the water level to 15" from the bottom so it wasn't so tough for him. But she has her heart set on one lol thank so r the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Get a 5 gallon if she has her heart set on the frogs. Then she can have 2/3 frogs possibly 4.

I would also go along with the fish stocking, sounds really good and a pretty tank. get the frog his own tank is a good idea and also remember if you drop the water level down, then you are changing the tank dimensions by a good amount and would have to take that into account. Alison

Funny, my girlfriend was also set on an ADF, took me forever to convince her not to get one. I've had bad luck with panda cories, I had 7 of them in my 29 and they were very shy, hiding all the time. I then lost all 7 of them over the course of 5 days. Probably just me though I've seen tons of people have better luck than me. I believe they like cooler water than your other fish so keep an eye on that. Also check out apistogrammas, they're great fish for a 29.

Ok thanks guys. I thought it seemed a bit much but it should be nice when done!

Now about the frogs. She was looking into it for quite a while and said other people have done it without issues. I know that's not always the case when bending rules, but is it really detrimental? She was prepared to feed it off a plate and do all the care needed that way. But I haven't spent much time researching them myself yet

Depends how you look at it lol I've been trying my hardest to not setup more tanks around here and there's no real place to put it where it's not just thrown there for lack of a better place

I've kept them but I honestly think they're better suited to a smaller tank. There are a lot of other fish in that stock list and I'd really be concerned about the frog getting food.

It's food would be served on a plate or whatever right to them. Not just dropped in the tank. So I'd hope the fish weren't complete vultures after its food then lol

It's food would be served on a plate or whatever right to them. Not just dropped in the tank. So I'd hope the fish weren't complete vultures after its food then lol

All of the selected fish would do a very good job of ensuring the frog gets no food no matter how you tried to feed it really.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom