Dominant / agressive angels.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike-SA

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all.

I have a fairly populated tank with 2 large Armoured black Pleco's, 2 x large angels and about 4 red tail sharks small to medium. among other smalls like guppy's etc.

the 2 large Pleco's we re 25 CM about, and became to big for my tank, they have been removed and been replaced with 2 more angels small in size angels and a small gold nugget pleco.

The Older large Angels are what I observe as "aggressive" but not to just the new angels but all fish, they were docile until the large pleco's were removed.

any advise?

Angels will establish a pecking order much like clown loaches. It's how they establish a hierarchy.

I'd worry more about aggression in 4 sharks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The original pair of angels will have claimed the tank as their territory, adding the new one has upset the pecking order, keep an eye on them bullying the smaller angels as they may cause serious injury.
How big is the tank? 4 sharks would only work in a very large tank if they have lots of space to have their own territories & even then there may be trouble as they mature

Back
Top Bottom