Dose of Chelated Copper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jems

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm using Mardel Coppersafe in my HT. The directions don't say what ppm to keep HT and for how many days or weeks. All it says is add 5 ml to 4 gallons of water but doesn't take into consideration of my daily 6gal PWC to keep my ammonia in check. Anyone have experience using this product? I have a flame angel,hawkfish,watchman goby and a maroon clown on day two of treatment. I read that dwarf angels aren't very tolerate of higher ppm of copper compared to other fish. Any insight? Thanks for any help in advance!!

Aquarium Fish Medications: CopperSafe
"...with Coppersafe, the levels of free copper will be measured at 1.5 ppm to 2.0 ppm."

You want to keep it in that range for at least 10 days. You need a copper test kit for chelated copper and the API copper test kit works fine with Coppersafe.

Would longer say 14-21 days ensure the parasite is dead? What about dwarf angels and those levels? Thanks. I bought the API kit today.

With copper i would follow the instructions exactly. Copper treatment isn't pleasant for fish from what I've gathered.
:)

Good luck!

I had a flame that I treated with cupramine for 4 weeks and had no problems. I don't know how your going to do water changes and maintain the copper level.

Back
Top Bottom