Doug's 105 rimless build and diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A piece? Most of this room would need replacing. I'm trying to avoid this, as I see it to be a major job. I'm thinking 10 sheets or so.

As inconvenient as it seems now it would probably be easier to do it before getting any further into the tank build

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I thought it was just that corner. For safety sake I still recommend replacing any sheets that show mold. The sheets probably look worse on the back sides. The insulation may have molded as well. You'll never sell the house with this issue, so best eliminate it now.

Ok..new info- I can easily wipe the mold off the drywall. Do you still think it's through if so? I am leaning towards this just being a surface thing.

I would remove that and replace it for free in a customers home if they did want to fix it. I'd highly recommend removing, bleaching framing, fan dry or dehumidifier..replace with bathroom/purple board. That stuff can be nasty. Not good for the respiratory system sir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Black mold is no stranger to the Midwest either. Have had several buildings where I have had to deal with it. Nobody will buy a property here that has it until it's cleaned up. That means taking the steps recommended in replacing the wallboard and anything behind it that can't be made mold free.

A flashback to January of '09 and my 195 (60 x 30 x 25 tall)
img_3149769_0_8f152952f2c6e7ebb1b1d3f607d0a6b7.jpg

I loved that maculiceps tang!

You sir have quite an amazing reefing history! This next tank has to blow the rest away though ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it doesn't come back, I can only imagine how difficult it would be to deal with once the tank is up and running, did you get a chance to do the leak test yet on the tank

Thanks!
Yes, I leak tested the tank for a week in my garage. The mold on the bottom of the wall wiped right off, and the drywall was dry there. At the top of the walls the drywall was a little damp, so I knew it was trash.
I got my overflow box today from Glass Holes. It's the 1500 gph model, but with a 24" wide box. They did a pretty good job with it. I'm going to use the same return pump so, this should work just fine.
img_3153166_0_2447f205d82dd3c030d462bb2fac0644.jpg

Back
Top Bottom