Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The green ones are ok, but they aren't the bulbous bubble tips, they are the stringy looking ones. I thought it was just acclimation, but my friend who knows who I got them from said that he passed on them because they never bubble for anyone.
I'll shoot pics of them next time the camera is in the water, but they aren't very exciting.

I'm going to buy an 8' x 30 x 25 tall tank with a starphire front pane from Glass Cages.

Are you kidding? They are the cheapest aquarium manufacturer in America. the same aquarium from someone else would be 4500.
My 195 was a Glass Cages tank. It was fine.

Are you kidding? They are the cheapest aquarium manufacturer in America. the same aquarium from someone else would be 4500.
My 195 was a Glass Cages tank. It was fine.

really :S maybe i was lookign at someone elses site then

mr. x have you had any trouble with the power cords on the led panels? i have a pair of them over my 72 and the last couple days one of the plugs has been getting really finicky and if it isn't just right the light won't come on. any ideas on a way to fix this?

HPballer76 said:
mr. x have you had any trouble with the power cords on the led panels? i have a pair of them over my 72 and the last couple days one of the plugs has been getting really finicky and if it isn't just right the light won't come on. any ideas on a way to fix this?

Open it up and check the connection piece. There could be a wire or something that is loose. It looks like this fixture allows you to take the input piece out and replace it. another thing you could try is a new cable. The one you have could be shorting out.

I work on these panels. Is it the plug or the connection inside the fixture that is finicky? The plug is modular, you would have to cut the old one off and replace with new one. The connection inside is usually to some wire nuts. It might be your electrical socket. In some cases you can gently spread the prongs on the plug and get a better connection.

im pretty sure its the connection inside the panel. somedays it won't come on and i have to go wiggle it to get it to turn on. i suppose i could test to be sure though by swapping that cord with one in the other panel. mine are only about a month old by the way.

No trouble yet, knock on wood!

Im sure the LEDs would be controlled with the outlet bar but as far as dimable control i would doubt it has the right driver

A lot clearer, it makes acrylic look like wax paper. It was designed for glass office buildings and fancy railings. It is wonderful stuff. I am hoping there will be glass made with a gorilla glass coating to resiste scratching, maybe there is already. Long before I spent thousands on controllers and sophisticated lighting fixtures, I would invest in a tank made of this glass. I saw one the other day that had seamless corners where they bent the glass. It was absolutely gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom