Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well however you end up doing it, the windows really do add a lot to any home. Looks good so far.

Thanks. Yeah, the windows I'm taking out are the original steel framed, single pane, inefficient windows. They don't even have screens. For 2 years I've been running the air conditioner until it's time to run the heat :(

Beautiful job on the windows... Makes a huge difference ...love the look from the inside looking out

Hey Doug, where do you buy your seaweed. I remember you saying that you get it really cheap somewhere. Sorry a little off topic.

Thanks Dary.
I buy algae right around the corner at an Asian grocery store called "H Mart".

Ok so I can just but regular seaweed sheets from grocery store or Asian market out here in Cali? Doesn't have to be a name brand from lfs... Thx

Yes, as a matter of fact! My window guy called me the other day and asked me if I want a brand new bow window. He was installing it in a woman's house and she didn't like the depth of the bow...not enough sill for her plants, so, the company (he is a sub contractor for sears) offered it to him. They were charging her $5300.00 installed, and I bought it off of him for $560.00 :)
I'm gonna put that in the front, remove the front window that was just installed, and put that in the back of the house.

Well I am really behind on this build thread..looks really great.. Now I am seriously thinking about another upgrade to a 210 or 220. But could go for a 10ft or a little longer tank since the wall is about 12ft long. Just would not know where to find such of a tank.

Glass Cages will make it for you. You better have a lot of strong friends. This tank took 6 people to carry and place, at 800 pounds empty.

Back
Top Bottom