Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! That pesky brown algae is mostly gone now....A long road to remove it! now I have some cyano yet, but I'm not overly concerned with it at the moment.

I don't have a video of this, but I just wanted to mention I just witnessed a sally lightfoot crab rip one of the claws off of my coral banded shrimp. It was lightening fast. I had a pair of arrow crabs that turned up missing. I blamed the coral banded....But now I'm not quite sure.

I have the same brown algae that you had doug. It didnt show up till i got the taotronic lights. So water changes got rid of it then? I guess i have to be patient with it and do a ton of wc's. Thanks for the help doug.

I don't have a video of this, but I just wanted to mention I just witnessed a sally lightfoot crab rip one of the claws off of my coral banded shrimp. It was lightening fast. I had a pair of arrow crabs that turned up missing. I blamed the coral banded....But now I'm not quite sure.

Holy crap! I've never liked the Sally light foot crabs- just a little creepy looking to me. Haha. :D And here I've heard over and over about CBS being aggressive, never heard of a Sally terrorizing anyone. Very interesting!!

Man this brown algae is crazy, i clean it and its back in minutes. Was it coming back that fast for you doug?

Im doing 30% water changes every 2 days, i hope it goes away or at least slows down soon.

I found selenium has an effect on diatom blooms (these are diatoms?)

Purigen helped me reduce the selenium in my system and the diatoms disappeared.

Hmm...I don't remember. I think they stated they were 15k or so. They look like about 18 to me (I have the units with more blues than whites).

Mine are similar, they come with"actinic blue" leds, which are really a royal blue emitter that is close to actinic frequencies. I think yours are Bridgelux emitters like mine. I think Doug is right, the white ones (cool white) are probably 12-15k. I have ordered them with 20k whites. They are pretty blue, so you would cut back on the royal blues a bit probably.

Back
Top Bottom