Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Until its time to clean the glass mine's 8 foot long and trust me if you dont clean it every day it's a real PIA.

I'd challenge that Grizz. Just months ago a computerized glass cleaner hit the market. If I had a big tank I'd pick one up in minute. If I needed the hands on experience I'd use a mag float on one of the sides or something!

I'd challenge that Grizz. Just months ago a computerized glass cleaner hit the market. If I had a big tank I'd pick one up in minute. If I needed the hands on experience I'd use a mag float on one of the sides or something!
send me a link on that. We do nothing but work with computers, I must see how one cleans glass!

Called RoboSnail. On my phone and can't link ATM.
$300.00 and the battery only lasts 30 minutes? Judging by the video..it would run out of juice before it cleaned the front pane of my tank.
Also, I would not trust it to not pick up sand and scratch the crap out of my tank.
I'll stick to manual clean up.

New concept. Let other companies mess with it and prices will drop. Just like our led lighting and flat screen TVs. Remember cathode ray tubes? You can see the snail is a tad rigid, but that can be more updated firmware. Once again, it'll come from big companies getting on board.

or...you could go to any inner city home depot at 7:00 in the morning and hire a hand full of Mexicans to do it! :D

Wow thats crazy... Just like those robotic vacuum cleaners..., i wonder it itll sense rocks or corals close to the glass and weave around them?

Not that one. Right now it is really basic when I saw it. That's why it jumps when it starts and stops going vertically. Money into the programming will fix that, but an led would be required to sense rocks and coral.

or...you could go to any inner city home depot at 7:00 in the morning and hire a hand full of Mexicans to do it! :D

Did you ever see that video where this guy in a pickup truck picks up all these mexicans then drives them to a immigration office ., once they realize where they are they pile out of the truck and run like hell., its really hilarious

A Roomba for the fish tank. I thought of that but it can't navigate a corner, yet. It could easily have a power supply and a flexible cable, then no batteries needed.

$300.00 and the battery only lasts 30 minutes? Judging by the video..it would run out of juice before it cleaned the front pane of my tank.
Also, I would not trust it to not pick up sand and scratch the crap out of my tank.
I'll stick to manual clean up.
another thing, how does it go around corners :p

Next is all we will need is a robot to view our tanks so we don't have too :p

Sorry couldn't help a little sarcasm :)

I would be proud I figured out a way to sit on my lazy butt and watch my fish. The robot is just part of the hardware package, like a skimmer. :)

But if I was clever enough to build such a robot, I would be busy flying around in my Iron Man suit.

Back
Top Bottom