Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry I missed it, and even if I was there, I'm not very experienced with fish diseases. Most of the fish I imported only stayed in my system for a few days at best. I tried not to house fish for sale, rather I would take orders and fill them when I had enough to warrant a box or two.
Corals were another story.

Yes, I thought that was the case, but you've been on the forum much longer than I and I thought you might know who to refer this too.

Wanted to show you this macro that showed up in my tank Doug. It is really neat, if it is what I think it is of course! Not sure why the nuisance algae doesn't screw with it at all.

Ok so read on another thread post you are selling the 300!! Doesn't that leave quite a gap in the layout of the house? Kinda bummed personally cuz I always liked seeing pics of your corals as they always looked amazing. Are you selling the tank with the livestock or did you already part it out?

I sold everything in one lump. Don't worry, I've decided on closing up the wall and setting up a cube tank. Probably a rimless cube I think. One fixture will light it and the sump will be in the next room. I kept the rubbermaids and a Bubble Magus skimmer. ;)

So why the change if you don't mind my asking. Did you just want less maintenance, to save money, get tired of it all? Just curious as so many of us always want to go bigger and you are the Salmon swimming upstream lol. Can't wait to see the cube pics that will come eventually cuz the livestock you choose & keep is always very healthy and amazing looking.

I just wasn't getting the amount of enjoyment out of it I needed to justify the monthly cost. Right now finishing my house has become a priority.
My friend tells me I'm wasting my time and that I will never be happy with a small tank, but I won't know until I try.

Oh WOW.. I think I was asleep too.. Cant believe you sold it... I agree with your friend you won't be happy with a small tank.. But I hear you all to well on the house being a priority. I am kind of in the same position that you are in except it not a house it is my back I have ben thinking the same go to a smaller tank but I know in the end I will not be happy. So I just have to find a way to make all the water changes that will be very easy on the back so I don't have lift or do any major bending.
Mary

go with a 92 gallon corner. i agree your system weas big, you had what close to 500 gallons worth? big time water changes and alot of pumps

I just wasn't getting the amount of enjoyment out of it I needed to justify the monthly cost. Right now finishing my house has become a priority. My friend tells me I'm wasting my time and that I will never be happy with a small tank, but I won't know until I try.

I'd say windows & siding this time of year are probably a priority lol. Good luck with it all. Selfishly I miss your tank tho.

Back
Top Bottom