Dr. Mac's PacificEast Aquacultre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I did the unthinkable and made a shotgun run to the eastern shore yesterday. I gotta say, the facility is awesome. Its almost too clean. lol First, when we got there (they knew we were coming cause I called them), they offered us coffee and told us to sit and relax after such a long trip. They then offered us pizza as well. They have a small lounge in the reception area and they set my daughter up there with pizza (they made sure it was ok with us first, super cool) and turned the cartoon network on tv for her. Then gave her a lollipop for desert. lol Anyway, Their fish are awesome. The tanks are soooo clean and the fish are super healthy. They have a bin with clams. More types of clams than I knew existed. Beside that they had about 18 baskets floating in one bin with paired up clowns. And of course, they each had their own anemone. The other bins were one for inverts, one for soft corals, one for nano corals, one for lps and one for sps. They had some nice corals but, most were to big for my tank. I did end up buying a couple nano pieces. The only down side to the place was that I found them expensive. But, with everything, you get what you pay for. I left with four corals, three clownfish and two seahorses. Also some frozen cyclops and it costed me *cough* 474.59 after taxes. Ouch. lol Here's the breakdown.
1 clown was 20.00, a pair of black clowns for 89.00, three nano frags for 42.00ea.(torch, yellow leather, and one I can't remember the name of), one staghorn frag 30.00, two seahorses (yellow and orange) 178.00 and a package of frozen cyclops for 8.99. I'll be posting pictures later today.

http://pacificeastaquaculture.com/

Oh, and just a FYI for anyone planning to go and use Mapquest directions, they are wrong. Mapquest says you stay on 50 to get on Main street, then turn right onto another road, and then another....I didn't understand it. They had I totally baffled. You actually have to make a right to get on Main St. Then you make a left onto Church street and Dr Mac is about halfway up the block.

Fluff, this is absolutely amazing. I'm really glad your day turned out so well. Congrats on your acquisitions (and for posting the link). :D

Guess it'll be peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for awhile, huh? :wink:

Well, mapquest had us at 3.5hrs but we got there in 3. About 180 miles. The worse part of the trip was the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. I got a serious bridge phobia and it got a little tricky for me. The bridge is something like 3mi long. *shivers*

Here are some lousy pics of the building. I didn't think they'd appreciate me taking pics inside so I skipped that. I guess I could have asked... :oops:
And here are my seahorses. They are on my desk so they are awake. I'll post pics of everything else when they wake up/open up. I didn't get done acclimating everyone til 4am. The seahorses ate already this morning though so that's cool. I could only get a pic of their backs. Not real social yet. :?

horses....

You'll have to excuse the platic plant. That's temporary til I can get them something else to hitch too.

Fluff, The photos are awsome. Do you know if this is their new facility? I know he has been talking about opening the new facility for a while.

Thanks. :D
The place looked brand new so I guess it was. I can't swear to it though.

Back
Top Bottom