Dragon goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I went to my lfs today to see what all they got in on truck and I noticed some dragon gobies. Looking at them they where really fat and I was wondering how I could get mine to fatten up. Normally I wouldn't think anything of his weight but the ones at the lfs where much bigger than mine but not much longer. His feeding regimen is flakes on Tuesday Thursday Saturday bloodworms on Sunday's or Wednesday's if he's awake and brine shrimp on Wednesday. He occasionally is awake on Wednesday so he gets twice the food. Wednesday is when I feed the nocturnal fish. But despite getting food almost every day he doesn't seem to put on any weight. Should I change up his diet or add something else to it?

Keep calm and rock on

Picture ?

Fat isn't always healthy. Some fish or short and fat because they've been stunted and others are healthy weight just depends on the fish.

Does your Goby have good hiding places?

I fed ours worms and Brine shrimp every day they did get some flakes but their main foods were frozen. Or Live Ghost Shrimp.

These are shy fish that need hiding places and may feed best after lights out. They don't have very good eyesight and other fish may out compete them or pick on them.

They often do best with some Argonite in their substrate and some salt in the water as they come from mild brackish conditions. Fine sand will allow them to dig and sift.

I've also spot fed using a turkey baster to make sure the Goby actually got food right in front of their face.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile126.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does have plenty of hiding places in some rock caves and in wood that he has sifted out a cave underneath. He doesn't like to come out often so I can't guarantee the best pic of him

Keep calm and rock on

I keep getting an error saying it exceeds my quota when I try to upload a photo so I'm not sure what that's about

Keep calm and rock on

Login - Dropbox not sure if this will work but this is the best I can do

Alright I'll get in that as soon as I can. But a brief description would be the fattest part of his body is noticeably smaller than his head that behind the front fins he gets a lot more narrow.

Keep calm and rock on

Back
Top Bottom