Drfitwood grow scum protien?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MellowMade

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a planted 10gal no fish yet and my driftwood is growing a scum in its lighter sections. I heard Cory cats enjoy rating this protein. What's your opinions?

Attachments

• image-1833314111.jpg
    image-1833314111.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 78
Pretty common with new driftwood and will just go away on its own after time. I'd try to just manually wipe/scrape it off for now.

Welcome to aquarium advice mellowmade, you made the right choice.

I would just wipe it off and see if it comes back. If it does then maybe when you get some fish (assuming your tank is cycled) then maybe they will eat it.

Thanks guys, it's has cycled over a month now with regular changes of the water. I did all the necessary precautions with a new tank. So today I put two Cory catfish in and they are extremely happy.

Attachments

• image-3849573268.jpg
    image-3849573268.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 63
  • image-2161415228.jpg
    image-2161415228.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 52
Thanks guys, it's has cycled over a month now with regular changes of the water. I did all the necessary precautions with a new tank. So today I put two Cory catfish in and they are extremely happy.

Cool cories but they will do better with 2-3more they like groups nice tank btw

If u boil ur DW it shouldn't fuzz up. It will go away after time as the others have said. And also as they said it would be more beneficial to have a small school of the Cories. I have 4 pandas and 4 peppers and they have a blast together.

Cool cories but they will do better with 2-3more they like groups nice tank btw

I went to get 5 but only found two healthy guys, which surprised me. That and the albino cories stand out too much for me. I would love to find panda cories I find the beautiful

Back
Top Bottom