Drying carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I did a water change tonight and didn't secure my return tube from my fuge well enough and dumped about 10 gal of water on the carpet.... I've used towels and I'm open to any ideas on how to dry the carpet.... no losses to the tank.... but it got a serious water change this weekend .. :)

Any ideas?

That is not giving me a warm and fuzzy about switching out my filtration tommorrow (from wet dry to a sump/fuge). Good thing Alex (my husband) is helping me, I can always blame him if something goes wrong he he :mrgreen: . 10 gallons is a lot of water! I would definately 2nd the first 2 suggestions.

Yeah..... don't sweat swapping... this was completely my fault.... the system I have setup is fool proof.... except for this fool of course.....

wet/dry vac and if you can lift the carpet up and get a fan under it that would be perfect. You don't want mold to grow. On my last accident, I had to cut my carpet around the tank stand so I could lift it up. Hated doing that :(

Towels, then a couple of fans, then after it dries, a Rug Doctor. It's what I have done in the past.

Back
Top Bottom