Dumbest thing done during a water change?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got severe back spasms by reaching into a really high tank and siphoning the bottom. I'll use a chair next time.

I have never been in so much pain in my life...

I was remodeling a tank and took all my plants and driftwood out I stuck the driftwood in a bucket and it took about three hours to finish the tank. When I went to grab my dw to put it back in long and behold there was one of my prized and expensive zebra pleco's dead I never saw him stuck to the wood ughhh!!! Guess I didn't check every nook and cranny good enough. That was a bad day for me:(

Discusapisto said:
I was remodeling a tank and took all my plants and driftwood out I stuck the driftwood in a bucket and it took about three hours to finish the tank. When I went to grab my dw to put it back in long and behold there was one of my prized and expensive zebra pleco's dead I never saw him stuck to the wood ughhh!!! Guess I didn't check every nook and cranny good enough. That was a bad day for me:(

I did this with a decoration and left it in the sink for hours to find out there was a pleco in the sink bone dry for 3-4 hours do I dropped him back in the tank and still to this day he is happy and healthy

ryan-peddle said:
I did this with a decoration and left it in the sink for hours to find out there was a pleco in the sink bone dry for 3-4 hours do I dropped him back in the tank and still to this day he is happy and healthy

Man that was lucky huh?:) wish I coulda been that fortunate:)

OUCH! Zebra Pleco is one of my dream fish. That's gotta hurt. Sorry to hear about that.

One tough fish! Cool story.

I just got severe back spasms by reaching into a really high tank and siphoning the bottom. I'll use a chair next time.

I have never been in so much pain in my life...

Back's are weird, huh? I just turned in my desk chair one day, and walked bent over for two weeks. Then I got on a creeper under a truck, heard a pop and was sore but fine.

Brandonaki360 said:
The end of the siphon was not in the bucket... water on my carpet. :(

I've done that a couple times, but I've caught it before it made a huge mess every time so far...

Alyxx said:
I've done that a couple times, but I've caught it before it made a huge mess every time so far...

Oh ya I think at some point we have all done that one. Something that works great for water changes is the 5gallon water cooler jugs. The hose never seems to come out and makes for easy measuring.

I was cleaning my 55 gallon and I overflowed the bucket...then one time I was taking down a 29 siponing the water out and left the room for a min. only to find the hose out of the bucket and my air hose siponing water on the floor as well..

Last night I used my new siphon for the first time. It's really long, so the end wanted to come out of the bucket every time... Didn't make too much of a mess...

Alyxx said:
Last night I used my new siphon for the first time. It's really long, so the end wanted to come out of the bucket every time... Didn't make too much of a mess...

I just cut mine shorter.

I was cleaning my tank and later couldn't find me pleco...... Then I poured the filter water into a pot. *plunk*. -_-' exactly what was his plan from there I wonder???

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
I was cleaning my tank and later couldn't find me pleco...... Then I poured the filter water into a pot. *plunk*. -_-' exactly what was his plan from there I wonder???

Getaway to the sea. :drain:

Well I was re arranging my tank, had all my fish in my bucket. My cat was hanging around like always. My boyfriend came in and asked what Marvin was doing. I had noticed he was crouched by the bucket but thought nothing of it. I kept on decorating away. Then my boyfriend exclaims " I think Marvin has a fish!" I look down and sure enough he was trying to eat my danio that had flopped out of the bucket. I scooped the fish up and put him back in the bucket. He was covered in cat hair and icky. I pushed him around so he got some oxygen. He's still alive to this day.

While doing a pwc I almost drank my fish.
I have now learned not to put your fish in a drinking glass. Lol

Alyxx said:
My last pwc was just one mistake after another. Ended up with a mouthful of water starting the siphon in my 5 gal because I can't prime it normally because the tank is too shallow, then the end of the hose fell out of the bucket. Had the hose splash out of the bucket again doing the 20 gal, and while returning with a full bucket of new water I tripped and sloshed a good bit onto the floor. And I almost forgot to add prime to 2 out of 3 buckets. Keyword being almost, thankfully. I am so happy I have tile floors though...

I don't miss those days. Thank you python!

Back
Top Bottom