duncan coral help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jose227

Aquarium Advice Regular
I put this duncan fragg in my 20 gallon tank fiday night. It was almost open when my emerald crabs started messing with it and it closed up again. I took out the crabs because they tore up a hammer coral before this. My question is how will I know when something is wrong. My parameters are amonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10ppm ph 8.0 this was before a waterchange today. My tank is 6 weeks old and done with cycle

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130922_161550.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130922_161550.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 147
My Duncan's were doing the same thing minus the crabs messing with it.. My problem I figured out was with my flow.. I had it in too much flow .. Once I moved it to little to almost no flow it opened within a few hours, if your sure its in the right amount of flow I think you may just have to wait and see..

I put it on the sand bed inbetween two rocks. Im hoping it will open soon. It looks really bright and healthy. I took out the crabs... thise guys are crazy.

I gave the crabs to the lfs. I ralised that sounded like I just took them out.

I put it on the sand bed inbetween two rocks. Im hoping it will open soon. It looks really bright and healthy. I took out the crabs... thise guys are crazy.

Yeah sounds like you may just have to wait it out, if there is something else you can try I'm sure someone else will chime in.. But I hope it opens up for you, Duncan's are some of my favorite corals! Good luck

I agree, when I first introduced mine into the tank it wouldn't fully open. as soon as I put in a low flow area, where they just barely sway, they should open right out. I've been feeding mine small prices of shrimp and they have already budded twice.

image-1330565483.jpg

image-1400907335.jpg

Hope this helps

Yeah I hope now that nothing is bothering him it eill come around. I just introduced a frogspawn and allready its blooming.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130923_200318.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130923_200318.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 127
Agreed just gotta find a good spot.

image-3160925733.jpg

image-4118012989.jpg

Six months ago and now. Not close up pics but you get the idea. I like them as two or three heads. Don't think they look as cool once it has a bunch of heads.

Back
Top Bottom