Dwarf gourami and stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kribs can be nasty, when I kept them they got their own tank, even trying to keep one in a community didn't work too well. Single rams are a better choice.

Ok thanks, and I appreciate it. I am not trying to be stoubborn and I realize I am though. I don't at all want a bad reputation. Thank you, and I'll stick to the ram. So do you think the singles will be ok? I've been told to choose 1 and do a pair but would not want spawning aggression, and I'd rather have 2 species

So

1 apisto
1 German blue ram
1 honey gourami
6 harqualin rasboras
6 phantoms or cherry barbs
4 Julii Cory cats
3 otos( do I need a bn plec, or can I add one?
And some shrimp, is that a final stocking plan for 29?

When you asked if you need a bnp...did you think you needed them for cleaning?
You don't. Any pleco adds a lot of bioload. Your tank should be clean already, IMO.

I have been really sad about not being able to add a large catfish. I was thinking rainbow shark, pictus, or rapheal but none worked. What bout a twig cat, they are 6. In but have barely any bioload

A twig catfish isn't a good choice either, they are poor swimmers, need a piece of DW at least as long as they are but preferably longer but mostly they don't do well in new tanks and need plenty of room which they won't get in a 29. I only keep 3 in my 220g. They also don't tend to eat any additional foods you put in the tank but they have to be offered it. So with that in mind there has to be enough natural food, algae, bio-film, DW, etc., in the tank in the event they won't eat addition food put in the tank for them. They are very gentle fish and are very easily outcompeted for food sources. They are also not fond of bright lighting. I do not recommend them to beginning fish keepers.

Darn, I really liked that fish! So is there anything you could think of, like a 4-6 inch solitary bottom feeder?

Mayb a group of cories. Or maybe and upside down cat. Sorry i havent read the rest but will now.

Well I'm already getting Cory's. i was wanting a bigger fish, that's solitary, and a bottom lurker

Go with bn pleco? Or maybe a clown pleco they are cool looking stay pretty small. But as all plecos have a decient sized bio load. Ah now i read u want a bigger guy... with a 29 you options are pretty limited. Even in my 55 my aff are out growing pretty quickly

I`d go with a clown pleco. I like them n they dont get to big i have one in my 55g with a gt, yellow tail acei, n electric yellow lab he]s a good cleaner for left over food. But i dnt see him much durring the day. Like most plecos hes a night owl

Back
Top Bottom