Dwarf gourami help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tough luck, RIP little Oscar.
Your tank is beautiful and at least Oscar knew how loved he was :)

Well it looks like I should get something that I know will last a while. Any suggestions to go with my glofish danios and my neon tertras? I really liked the look of Oscar. Maybe a pair of something??

Dont feel to bad i had one was fine for 3 mons than outta no where he started to bloat ( i didnt change his feeding) he hovered and than passed. He was with coreys n gbr n bigger tetras n my water levels were right on t. I still dont know why he passed but that was the second one that this happened with so i moved to an angel as the center piece. Sorry for your loss :-(

German blue rams are beautiful. But need an established tank how long has urs been set up? I have 2 female rams wih glo fish, glow tetra, blk tetra n neons

If you really like the gourami you could try a honey. They are about the same size as the DGs, though a bit more slender and don't usually have the same health issues as DGs either.

Platies are a good option.

I can't remember the size of your tank... if it's at least 20 a ram would be a nice addition.

My tank size is 37 gal. Are rams a hardier fish??

Rams are great but a little sensitive. As long as you are really good about keeping your water clean you should be fine. They like low nitrates and water about 80 degrees. You have a nice planted tank give them a try. I have a pair hoping for babies soon.

Rams are great but a little sensitive. As long as you are really good about keeping your water clean you should be fine. They like low nitrates and water about 80 degrees. You have a nice planted tank give them a try. I have a pair hoping for babies soon.

What type of rams do you have? And do have any pictures?

My tank size is 37 gal. Are rams a hardier fish??

as mentioned they are a bit sensitive. You want a tank that's established and want good water quality and consistent levels(temp, ph, ect) and they will do great.

In a 37 you could do a ram(or 2) and still be able to add a gourami if you wanted. You could even go with the larger ones like opalines.

The rams will stick with the lower levels for swimming as well.

Here's my two. First ones female second is the male. They aren't the prettiest rams I've ever seen but hoping they will color more as time goes on. They weren't in the best shape when I got them a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• image-3362311803.jpg
    image-3362311803.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image-204206091.jpg
    image-204206091.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 47
Those all look great. I'm probably going to wait until after Christmas to pick something out. I was thinking of buying my fish online. Do any of you recommend that and where from??

rlstoll said:
I didn't see where I could distinguish if I wanted male or female. Am I missing something on there?

There are several websites that sell fish. Some do allow you to choose the sex of certain fish. Not sure about liveaquaria.com though.

Thanks go the help. I'm going to start ordering fish online after the holidays.

Would one acei cichlid work in this tank? Just wen to the store and he looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom