Dwarf gourami's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 female and 1 male in a 30 gallon. They live with 2 angels and 3 guppies. I'm really interested in getting more dwarfs and was wondering if I were to get 4 more females can I get 2 more males without having much aggression?

Also will it be too over stocked?

I think it would probably be a little overstocked...because I have a 29 gallon right now with two dwarf Gouramis and and two angels temporarily and it is pretty stocked with just those four fish in it I think...if anything I would say get two more females and one more male

Hmm okay. As long as I can get at least some more:)
They are gorgeous fish.

You tank really is stocked due to the angels and personally if your gourami's are getting along well now I would not add any more and possibly upset the applecart so to speak even if you did have room.

Really? I've read for every 10 gallon one angel would be fine. I did my research of them before purchasing and wanted to keep it comfortable for them so that's why I kept 2.
Is there a different amount of gallons per angel?

I've been keeping angels since the 70's and due to their semi-aggressive temperament they need more space. The standard rule is only 1 or 2 in a 30g. I only have 9 adults in my 220g. People tend to forget that angels grow very large and once mature can be much more aggressive than when they were little.

Trust me man, it is really overstocked because of the angles, you wouldn't believe how big they get, mine is 7 inches from top to bottom, I would only put 1 in a 30 gallon, 2 is pushing it, and with those many dwarf gouramis in there that is way too much

I have 2 female and 1 male in a 30 gallon. They live with 2 angels and 3 guppies. I'm really interested in getting more dwarfs and was wondering if I were to get 4 more females can I get 2 more males without having much aggression?

Also will it be too over stocked?

I would love to see pics of your "female" Dwarf Gouramis. Stores rarely ever have females because they are so plain looking. Typically plain Silver in color.

And Gouramis get very territorial once they get settled. I would not add more males or females.

I would love to see pics of your "female" Dwarf Gouramis. Stores rarely ever have females because they are so plain looking. Typically plain Silver in color.

And Gouramis get very territorial once they get settled. I would not add more males or females.

Okay I'll take some I have a coral blue and she's beautiful. Her blue is pale but it makes her stand out. I also have a flame one but she is more pinkish silver.

I think they are beautiful :)

I've been keeping angels since the 70's and due to their semi-aggressive temperament they need more space. The standard rule is only 1 or 2 in a 30g. I only have 9 adults in my 220g. People tend to forget that angels grow very large and once mature can be much more aggressive than when they were little.

Really? Dang it. Well even if they are the same sex the will be aggressive to each other?

Trust me man, it is really overstocked because of the angles, you wouldn't believe how big they get, mine is 7 inches from top to bottom, I would only put 1 in a 30 gallon, 2 is pushing it, and with those many dwarf gouramis in there that is way too much

Really? So I'll just have to invest in a bigger tank. :/

Back
Top Bottom