Dwarf lion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my LFS fed the lion live ghost shrimp and I've been trying to get him off of it, it's been 4 days without food, I've tried garlic and still no luck, any ideas? I have been trying silversides, mysis, and krill. Nothing.

From the few sites I just visited it might take awhile to train him to eat frozen food. One suggested putting in a bit of frozen food in with the live food. But since you have other fish in the tank they will probably gobble everything up before he decides to try to eat. Another one was to feed it right after the lights go out, to me that seems like a bad idea unless you have a good CUC. Then there was put some food in the current so as it sweeps by the fish it makes it think it is alive.

You might want to try a combination of both putting food in the current and right after the lights go out. They eat from dusk until dawn,

When I was researching what to put in my corner tank I thought of a fuzzy lionfish and changed my mind after reading this The Lionfish Info Sheet: Captive Care and Home Husbandry by Frank Marini, Ph.D. - Reefkeeping.com I knew I probably wouldn't be able to take proper care of one. Yet everytime I see one for sale I get the urge to buy it.

Thanks, I have 2 clowns, Niger trigger (small) and a big Tabbaco basslet with it. I have a ton of bristle worms and little brittle stars that eat anything the fish leave behind

First time I got my radiata lionfish to eat I had to keep away the other fish took a piece of fishing string tied a knot on the end fed a shrimp down to the knot used my seaweed clip like a weight and clipped the other rbs of the string at the top (so u dont lose it) after dropping in the bait with the clip up a few inches I made sure the shrimp will sink and set it up so he kinda moves in his sight on the bottom (in a little current) and backed way up...u may have to leave the room...ur fish may eat it though...i got lucky..

Back
Top Bottom