Dwarf seahorse build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I believe my 4gal is finally cycled- can anyone confirm? I have planned it out to be a dwarf seahorse tank. I saw these guys at the Tennessee aquarium and thought "I must have some!" right now I'm waiting on a shipment of brine shrimp eggs and some gorgonian skeletons for them to hitch on to. I should be ordering them next week.

Attachments

• image-2934780942.jpg
    image-2934780942.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 222
  • image-3637982778.jpg
    image-3637982778.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 294
How many seahorses are you planning on putting in there? I would make sure your LR doesn't have any surprise inhabitants before you add them. There is alot that lives in LR and live sand that can sting and kill the dwarfs!

-Ethan- said:
How many seahorses are you planning on putting in there? I would make sure your LR doesn't have any surprise inhabitants before you add them. There is alot that lives in LR and live sand that can sting and kill the dwarfs!

Both the sand and the rock were dead when I added them :) I plan on starting out with a dozen.

herp_mommy said:
So I believe my 4gal is finally cycled- can anyone confirm? I have planned it out to be a dwarf seahorse tank. I saw these guys at the Tennessee aquarium and thought "I must have some!" right now I'm waiting on a shipment of brine shrimp eggs and some gorgonian skeletons for them to hitch on to. I should be ordering them next week.

Thats great!! I just read that you could put up to 15 adults in there! They look cool!

joy13 said:
What one do you plan on getting? How did you decide which kind you were going to get? Each one seems to have different needs. How do you gut load their food? I have wanted to try some but there is so much I don't understand.

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/SeahorseFactsAndInfo.pdf

H.zosterae. I've always wanted a nano tank, and I decided on these guys when I saw them at the Tennessee aquarium. I plan on gut loading Copepods and baby brine shrimp on green water

With that size tank to you plan on a chiller? I have thought about seahorses and am just hoping to get enough good information on the forums so I can start a tank. The feeding and the tank set up is what is keeping me from deciding to do it or not.

joy13 said:
With that size tank to you plan on a chiller? I have thought about seahorses and am just hoping to get enough good information on the forums so I can start a tank. The feeding and the tank set up is what is keeping me from deciding to do it or not.

No chiller. H. zosterae is tropical. 71-78 degrees, the tank now is about 73

I had seahorses 15 years ago in a 10Gal with a 250 skilter filter and they did great... at the time I was considering dwarfs. Gonna watch this thread and make some considerations again...

Last edited:
Ooh that sounds amazing! I look forward to seeing the tank with the seahorses!

yes pictures please! lol did you order them of liveaquaria? i noticed they listed them about a month ago.

I should get these guys today. I got mine 10 for $50 off eBay. Liveaquaria was way too expensive. I'm excited about these guys! I've been having dreams about them. Haha

I got them!!! They're so tiny! More pics once they acclimate!

Attachments

• image-436306150.jpg
    image-436306150.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 201
Back
Top Bottom