Dwarf seahorse tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skae310

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have a couple questions about starting up a dwarf seahorse tank. I did a bunch of research but just want to clarify a couple things.

I read a lot of people discourage against using live rock. So I plan to avoid it. I was thinking of using a sponge filter and running it my current tank for a couple weeks and then adding it to the seahorse tank to either cycle it or get it started to cycle depending on how well thatll work. My main question is will that introduce the same harmful creatures as the live rock would, or would a sponge filter not pick up those?

Also although I do know a decent amount about coral, I know nothing about sea grasses and was wondering how light dependent they are? Any good resources I could read up on for marine plants? I know I could go with a plastic version but I am one to like to keep the natural look as much as possible.

Also for a 10 gallon how many dwarfs would be good to get? Ive heard numbers like 2-4 and other places saying like 20. I think they may referring to different species but idk. I know ten gallons difficult and everything, but I have been keeping a 14 gallon tank for 2 years now and although I wouldnt say I am an expert I know enough to keep a nano stable, which ive read thats one of the hardest parts with these guys.

Sry I can't help but just wanted to say I am watching I'd this is becoming a build...

Back
Top Bottom