Dwarf seashorses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilmack07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone owner them? Know how hard they are to keep? I found a 10g top the other day in a box of some stuff my boyfriends mom gave us. A friend told me he would sell me a 10g tank for 5 bucks so I want to do something with it. I came across dwarf seahorses and wanted to know how hard they are to keep alive and if I can actually keep them in a 10 gallon. From what I've read all signs point yes but I thought I'd ask. :)

what kind of tank? Usually seahorses need a tall tank and very slow water movement. The reason why they are hard to keep is they generate lot of waste, and in a small tank with limited water volume, you will need to be on top of the water change regularly. Their feeding habbit really making a mess, but they are fun to keep. So if you are able to be on top of the water change like every 1 or 2 days with 10% water change, I think you will be fine.

Actually decided to go with a shrimp tank for now.but thank you both so much for the info. One day I will try my hand at them but I'll get a little more experience first I think.

Back
Top Bottom