Dying fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just added this fish yesterday along with some others. Parameters are great: ammonia and nitrites are 0 and nitrates are between 2 and 5 (using the Seachem Nitrites and Nitrates test kit). All the other fish are doing fine. He is staying at the top of the tank right under the filter. Is he dying already? IMG_1059.jpgIMG_1061.jpg

Did you acclimate them and introduce them with the lights off?

I acclimated him how I always acclimate my fish: I let the bag float for 20 minutes and then poured the bag water and the fish into a net and plopped them into the water, but I always let them swim out of the net. And yes, the lights were off.

I acclimated him how I always acclimate my fish: I let the bag float for 20 minutes and then poured the bag water and the fish into a net and plopped them into the water, but I always let them swim out of the net. And yes, the lights were off.
Could just be stressed I had a few stay at the top for a day you're supposed to keep the lights off for 24 hours

Could just be stressed I had a few stay at the top for a day you're supposed to keep the lights off for 24 hours

I didn’t know that. I’ll turn them off now. All my other fish, including the other guppies, are all doing fine, even with the lights on.

I didn’t know that. I’ll turn them off now. All my other fish, including the other guppies, are all doing fine, even with the lights on.
I didn't either until about a year ago, less stress with lights off

Back
Top Bottom