easiest plant to care for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_newbie

Aquarium Advice Activist
any plants where i can just throw them in and not worry aout the kind of light i have? maybe like hornwort, java fern, java moss, etc...

Aponogeton bulbs from wally-world. some were flowering within a week. 8 out of 8 bulbs are growing.
I plan on getting a java fern later.

Fruitbat said:
I'll second the vote for Hornwort. Tough plant to kill!

I didn't want lots of snails eating my hornwort so I added some snail-killer. It didn't kill the snails but it did kill the hornwort. Go figure.

I really like walmarts aponogeton bulbs. In my experience they will do great at first but after several months they start dying. I upgraded the lights, substrate and fertilizer and they are doing better again. I am guessing they have plenty of nutrients stored in the bulb a will grow almost anywhere for a few months, but then will need more help.

Anacharis is my personal favorite "easy" plant. I think it looks more appealing than hornwort. just my 2 cents.

I can go figure that. It most likely contained copper. And copper is hard on most aquatic plants.

I rather prefer the anacharis to the hornwort too.. hornwort is just kind of.. I don'tknow know.. sleazy-looking (is it possible for a plant to look sleazy?)

Back
Top Bottom